Seaworthy a swordboat captain returns to the sea
Linda Greenlaw hadn't been blue-water fishing for ten years, since the great events chronicled in The Perfect Storm and The Hungry Ocean, when an old friend offered her the captaincy on his boat, Seahawk, for a season of swordfishing. She took the bait, of course, and thus opened a new chapter in a life that had already seen enough adventure for three lifetimes. The Seahawk turns out to be the rustiest of buckets, with sprung, busted, and ancient equipment guaranteed to fail at any critical moment. Life is never dull out on the Grand Banks, and no one is better at capturing the flavor and details of the wild ride that is swordfishing, from the technical complexities of longline fishing and the nuances of reading the weather and waves to the sheer beauty of the open water.
2 available of 2 items
- Grand Banks of Newfoundland -- Description and travel.
- Greenlaw, Linda, 1960-
- Sea Hawk (Fishing boat)
- Seafaring life -- Grand Banks of Newfoundland.
- Ship captains -- Grand Banks of Newfoundland -- Biography.
- Swordfish fishing -- Grand Banks of Newfoundland.
- Women ship captains -- Grand Banks of Newfoundland -- Biography.
Genre: Large type books.
- 9781410426840 (hardcover : alk. paper : large print)
- 141042684X (hardcover : alk. paper : large print)
Edition: Large print ed.
Publisher, Date: Waterville, Me. : Thorndike Press, 2010.
Description: 363 p. : map ; 23 cm.
- Previously published: New York : Viking, 2010.
- The call
- The crew
- Outward bound
- Things fall apart
- Water, water everywhere
- Let's catch fish
- Setting out, at last
- The Grand Banks bubble
- Legal affairs
- Back to business
- Shipping seas
- The voyages of the Sea Hawk (map).
LCCN: 2010006329Link to PAC