Very special Christmas : including A Christmas bride and Christmas stories from Under the mistletoe
"In A Christmas Bride, a very wealthy Edgar Downes promises his aging father that he will finally wed a suitable bride by Christmas. London is full of pretty, proper, and eligible misses, but it's the widow Helena, Lady Stapleton, in a shocking red dress, who captures Edgar's attention. Helena is intrigued by the seductive stranger--but he's simply not in her class. Marriage, of course, would never do. But in a season of miracles, something wondrous is about to happen.... Enjoy the warmth of the holiday season with this Christmas tale along with five other cherished holiday stories from Mary Balogh's Under the Mistletoe collection." -- Back cover.
22 available of 26 items
- Christmas stories.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Widows -- Fiction.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. Best gift.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. Christmas bride.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. Family Christmas.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. No room at the inn.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. Playing house.
- Container of (work): Balogh, Mary. Star of Bethlehem.
- Reprint of (manifestation): Balogh, Mary. Under the mistletoe.
Edition: First omnibus edition.
Description: 566 pages ; 18 cm
- Previously published 1989-2015.
- One novel and five short stories.
- A Christmas bride
- A family Christmas
- The star of Bethlehem
- The best gift
- Playing house
- No room at the inn.