The perfect nanny : a novel
"When Myriam, a French-Moroccan lawyer, decides to return to work after having children, she and her husband look for the perfect nanny for their two young children. They never dreamed they would find Louise: a quiet, polite, devoted woman who sings to the children, cleans the family's chic apartment in Paris's upscale tenth arrondissement, stays late without complaint, and hosts enviable kiddie parties. But as the couple and the nanny become more dependent on one another, jealousy, resentment, and suspicions mount, shattering the idyllic tableau. Building tension with every page, The Perfect Nanny is a compulsive, riveting, bravely observed exploration of power, class, race, domesticity, and motherhood--and the American debut of an immensely talented writer"-- Provided by publisher.
16 available of 47 items
- Families -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal conflict -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
- Murder -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
- Nannies -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
- Social classes -- France -- Paris -- Fiction.
Description: 228 pages ; 20 cm
Other Title: Lullaby
- "Originally published in French as "Chanson Douce" by Editions Gallimard, Paris ©2016"--Copyright page.
- "Originally published in Britain as "Lullaby" --Copyright page.
- Translated from the French.
LCCN: 2017038080Link to PAC