Thomas Cromwell is a brutal blacksmith's son who rises from the ashes of personal disaster and deftly picks his way through a court where 'man is wolf to man.' King Henry VIII is obsessed with protecting the Tudor dynasty by securing his succession with a male heir to the throne. Told from Cromwell's perspective, "Wolf Hall" follows the complex machinations and back room dealings of this pragmatic and accomplished power broker who must serve king and country while dealing with deadly political intrigue, Henry VIII's tempestuous relationship with Anne Boleyn, and the religious upheavals of the Protestant reformation.
11 available of 14 items
- Anne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536 -- Drama.
- Cromwell, Thomas, Earl of Essex, 1485?-1540 -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547 -- Fiction.
- Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Fiction.
- Historical television programs.
- Television mini-series.
- Altus Media, production company.
- Amalric, Mathieu, 1965- actor.
- BBC Two (Television station : London, England), broadcaster.
- BBC Worldwide Ltd., production company.
- British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
- Company Pictures (Firm), production company.
- Foy, Claire, 1984- actor.
- Gatiss, Mark, actor.
- Hill, Bernard, 1944- actor.
- Kosminsky, Peter, television director.
- Lesser, Anton, actor.
- Lewis, Damian, 1971- actor.
- PBS Distribution (Firm), film distributor.
- Prescience Media 1 LLP, production company.
- Pryce, Jonathan, actor.
- Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.), broadcaster.
- Pybus, Mark, television producer.
- Rylance, Mark, actor.
- Straughan, Peter, screenwriter.
- Television adaptation of (work): Mantel, Hilary, 1952- Bring up the bodies. [Videorecording].
- Television adaptation of (work): Mantel, Hilary, 1952- Wolf Hall. [Videorecording].
- Whalley, Joanne, 1964- actor.
- 3 videodiscs (360 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital optical
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: PG.
- Title from container.
- Originally broadcast on television in Great Britain on BBC Two in 2015. Originally broadcast on television in the United States on PBS as part of the television program Masterpiece Theater in 2015.
- Adapted from the novels by Hilary Mantel "Wolf Hall" and it's sequel "Bring up the bodies".
- Bonus features: Behind the scenes of Wolf Hall featurettes: The people and the politics, Bringing it to the screen, and Wolf Hall - History and design; Cast and Crew interviews.
- Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis, Claire Foy, Bernard Hill, Anton Lesser, Mark Gatiss, Mathieu Amalric, Joanne Whalley, Jonathan Pryce.
- DVD, NTSC region 1, widescreen presentation; stereo.
- For private home use only.
- In English; English subtitles.
- Disc 1. Three card trick ; Entirely beloved
- Disc 2. Anna Regina ; The devil's spit
- Disc 3. Crows ; Master of Phantoms.
Publisher or Distributor Number: