Poldark. The complete 1st season
It's 1783, and Ross Poldark has returned home from the American Revolutionary War to find England in the grip of recession and his beloved Cornwall on its knees. His father is dead, his family's land and copper mines are in ruins, and his childhood sweetheart is about to marry his first cousin. Feeling betrayed by everything he loves, Ross must rebuild his life, embarking on a risky business venture, facing new adversaries, and finding love where he least expects it. Based on the novels by Winston Graham and set against the dramatic Cornish coastline, this striking saga stars Aidan Turner (The Hobbit) as Ross Poldark, Eleanor Tomlinson (Death Comes to Pemberley) as the fiery Demelza, and includes a special appearance by Robin Ellis, who played the original Ross Poldark in the 1970s.
9 available of 13 items
- Cornwall (England : County) -- History -- Fiction.
- Cousins -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Historical television programs.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Poldark, Ross (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Television programs.
- BBC One (Television station : London, England), broadcaster.
- Bazalgette, Edward, television director.
- Bentall, Ruby, 1988- actor.
- Clarke, Warren, 1947-2014, actor.
- Davis, Phil, actor.
- Edney, Beatie, 1962- actor.
- Ellis, Robin, 1942- actor.
- Farthing, Jack, actor.
- Graham, Winston. Poldark. [Videorecording].
- Harrington, Richard, 1975- actor.
- Horsfield, Debbie, 1955- creator, screenwriter.
- Mammoth Screen (Firm), production company.
- McGregor, William, 1987- television director.
- Mellor, Eliza, television producer.
- Norris, Luke, actor.
- PBS Distribution (Firm), film distributor.
- Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.), broadcaster.
- Reed, Heida, actor.
- Soller, Kyle, actor.
- Tomlinson, Eleanor, 1992- actor.
- Turner, Aidan, 1983- actor.
Edition: Full UK-length edition.
- 3 videodiscs (480 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches.
- digital optical
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: PG.
- Poldark. The complete first season
- Poldark. Season 1
- Poldark. Season one
- Poldark (Television program : 2015- ) [Videorecording].
- Based on the novels by Winston Graham.
- Season information provided from IMDB.com webpage for television program.
- Originally broadcast on television in Great Britain in 2015 on BBC One. Edited episodes originally broadcast on television in the United States on PBS in 2015 as a part of the television program Masterpiece Theater.
- Special features: Interviews with main cast, directors, writer and producer; Episode one commentary; Poldark: the man, the icon; The making of "Poldark"; The women behind the man.
- Aidan Turner, Eleanor Tomlinson, Heida Reed, Ruby Bentall, Warren Clarke, Phil Davis, Beatie Edney, Jack Farthing, Richard Harrington, Luke Norris, Kyle Soller.
- DVD, NTSC region 1, widescreen presentation; stereo.
- For private home use only.
- In English; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
Publisher or Distributor Number: