Darby hires the drunken, one-eyed, overweight marshal Rooster Cogburn, played by Wayne, to find and kill the man who murdered her father and stole all the family's money. She accompanies him on his journey to find the killer, as does Campbell, a Texas Ranger who wants a reward.
6 available of 8 items
- Fathers -- Death -- Fiction.
- Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Feature films.
- Murder for hire -- Fiction.
- Portis, Charles. True grit -- Film adaptations.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Western films.
- Campbell, Glen, 1936-
- Darby, Kim, 1947-
- Duvall, Robert.
- Hathaway, Henry, 1898-1985.
- Martin, Strother, 1919-1980.
- Paramount Home Video (Firm)
- Portis, Charles. True grit. [Videorecording].
- Slate, Jeremy.
- Wayne, John, 1907-1979.
- 1 videodisc (circa 127 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- Based on the novel by Charles Portis.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1969.
- For specific added features see container or interactive features menu while viewing disc.
- Photography, Lucien Ballard ; music by Elmer Bernstein ; title song sung by Glen Campbell.
- John Wayne, Glen Campbell, Kim Darby, Jeremy Slate, Robert Duvall and Strother Martin.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- For private home use only.
- Includes audio tracks in English and French.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Academy Awards: Best Actor, John Wayne
Publisher or Distributor Number: