If you've wanted to start a book club in your community, we can help with that! Wheatland has a vast selection of pre-made Book Club in a Bag kits ready and waiting to help you kick off a new book club.
Each Book Club Kit comes with 8 copies of a book and a discussion group guide, which includes questions about the book and details about the author.
If you're interested in bringing in one of our Book Clubs in a Bag for your personal book club or you would like to start a Book Club in your library, please speak with your local Wheatland librarian to get started.
These Guidelines explain what is expected of the patron borrowing a Book Club in a Bag and taking it home.
- The person who checks out the bag will need to have a valid Wheatland Regional Library card and is responsible for returning all the pieces of the bag.
- A sign out sheet is included in the folder so that the group can keep track of the books.
- Book Club bags are signed out for 6 weeks and may not be renewed.
- Bags must be returned inside the library. Please do not put them in the bookdrop.
- Overdue fines are $2.00/day ($0.25 x 8). If the entire contents are not returned on time, fines continue at $2.00/day.
- If your group happens to lose a book or part of the guide, a replacement fee for the cost of the lost item will be charged.
Some of our Book Club in a Bag titles have copies available throughout the province in an alternative format such as Large Print, Audiobook, or digital books (eBooks or eAudiobooks).
If you would prefer to use an alternative format, ask your local Wheatland librarian for assistance in getting yourself a copy or place the hold yourself by logging into your account online and searching the library catalogue.
Suggest a New Book Club in a Bag
If you have read a book that you think would make a great book club, let us know. Contact us at email@example.com